How do I buy my tickets?
Tickets for the Friday Workshops, Core Conference and Gala Dinner can be purchased through TryBooking and available from April 11th. Go to REGISTER to purchase the tickets.
Once purchased you will be emailed two links:
- A form where you will select your weekend sessions. These answers will be emailed back to you so that you can remember which selections you’ve made. Please make your selections carefully as the hotel may have capacity restrictions in place.
- A form where you will indicate how many pitching and/or business appointments you would like, and your preferences. If you have any issues filling in this form, or any concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I check into the event?
The Check-in Desk open registrations at 7:30 am Friday 12th August. Line up at the desk where alphabetically your first name is, e.g. Donna would go to A-N. Wendy would go to M-Z.
Show your ticket. You will be issued with your pre-printed badge which fits perfectly in our RWA lanyards. If this is your first conference you will be issued with a lanyard.
We scan the ticket or badge with iPad or iPhone and you are checked into the event. You will then be handed the event swag.
Please be patient at check-in, especially when registration first opens each day.
Do I check in to Conference each day?
Only check in the first time you arrive. You may need to show your badge (or tickets) as you enter a workshop or social event. Each badge will show the tickets purchased.
How do I book a room at the Esplande Hotel in Fremantle?
ACCOMMODATION DIRECT BOOKINGS- DIRECT TO PROPERTY – Guest Bookings
Bookings are to be made to the hotel via phone (08) 9432 4000. Please quote ‘Romance Writers’ Conference‘ to obtain the correct rates.
Checking In: Check in time is 2.00pm. For guests that arrive earlier, luggage can be stored with concierge until their room is ready or another room may be available for check-in.
Checking Out: Check out time is 11.00am. Luggage can be stored with concierge on the departure day until the conference has concluded.
Located in the heart of Fremantle, nearby parking options include:
- Self parking is available at the DRIVO Carpark located at 11 Essex Street.
- Take a left out of the hotel driveway
- Turn right into the carpark approximately 50m from the hotel
- Paying for parking: Hotel guests receive a discounted Parking rate of $20 per night, subject to availability
- Check in with the Concierge or Front desk teams to confirm availability and pre-register your licence plate before heading over to the carpark.
- City Of Fremantle – Esplanade Reserve located at 56 Marine Terrace
- Turn right onto Essex Street
- Take a left onto Marine Terrace
- Turn right into the carpark (just past the crosswalk)
- Paying for parking: Don’t forget to get a ticket at the machine, or set up your parking with the City of Fremantle PayStay parking app.
- Secure Parking located at 25 Collie Street.
- Take a right out of the hotel driveway
- Turn right onto Marine Terrace
- Turn right onto Collie Street (at the corner of the hotel)
- Turn right into Secure Carpark
- Paying for parking: Payment is taken upon exit of the carpark – for the best rates we recommend pre-booking your parking here.
- Other Parking Options:
- Pay’n’Display options are available through the City of Fremantle along the street, and directly opposite the hotel. Parking is signposted, and available to book/pay via the PayStay app
What if COVID-19 restrictions affect the event?
The venue has their own separate COVID safe plan that all attendees must adhere to. RWA works in conjunction with the venue and health authorities to ensure the safety of our attendees and all hospitality workers on site. For full information go to TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Are pitches taken in person this year?
Yes. Please check PITCHING for more information.
Can I bring a partner to the Gala Dinner or Cocktail Party?
Yes, you can use the same TryBooking link to purchase an extra ticket in someone else’s name. Make sure you fill in the food preferences form.
Am I allowed to wear perfume?
No. Due to the multiple use of different fragrances being overwhelming we discourage the use of perfume while at the event.
Can I take photos at the event?
Yes we encourage you to take photos and post them to social media with the hashtag #RWACon2022. We will have backgrounds and props so you can take awesome photos with your writing friends.
If you have any other questions please email email@example.com